Salmone en croute
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SERVINGS:
- 2 150g cans of Rio Mare Salmon Fillets in Brine
- 500g of frozen porcini mushrooms
- 1 roll of ready-made puff pastry
- 40 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp of milk
- a few sprigs of thyme
- ½ small red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely slice the onion and sauté it in a skillet with a little thyme and the clove of garlic. Add the mushrooms and cook until all the ingredients have turned golden. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about ten minutes over a medium flame so that the mushrooms release a lot of water.
2. Remove the salmon fillets from the can and drain them well. Roll out the puff pastry, cut it into two halves, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs , lay the salmon fillets and the mushrooms on the pastry, lay the second sheet of pastry over the salmon and mushroom and press the edges to seal.
3. • Make two or three slits in the top to allow steam to escape, brush with the egg yolk beaten with the milk and bake in a hot oven at 200°C until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Cut into portions, garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and serve.